A Prenatal Paternity Test using amniotic fluid samples requires the Mother to undergo a common antenatal procedure, called amniocentesis. This invasive procedure is performed by an OBGYN to extract amniotic fluid from the Mother, which contains Fetal DNA. With this, plus a mouth swab from the Mother and the Alleged Father, we can conclusively determine paternity.
Once you have your amnio sample, we use a microcentrifuge to spin and separate the unborn Child's Fetal DNA from the amniotic fluid, and this is what is tested against the DNA from mouth swabs of the Mother and the Alleged Father. STR analysis is used to determine the paternity of the unborn Child.
Paternity Testing Corporation will continue testing your samples until we reach a minimum Paternity Index (PI) of 10,000, or 99.99% for both Peace-of-Mind (At-Home) Tests and Legal (Chain-of-Custody) Tests. This guarantee applies whether the Mother is included or not, in the event of poor samples such as too much blood contamination in the supplied amniotic fluid (we may request a new sample), or if we find mutations in the Child’s DNA. These would all require either further STR analysis by testing more loci, or by switching methods to RFLP testing; all of which we would do at no additional charge to you, in order to reach our 99.99% probability guarantee.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE TEST PRICE?
Whether you need a Peace-of-Mind (At-Home) Test, or a Legal (Chain-of-Custody) Test, the actual lab testing and analysis is identical, with the same level of rigorous testing methods and the same 99.99% probability guarantee. Just because you are getting a ‘home’ test, does not mean you do not deserve proper testing and a correct, conclusive answer. The only difference for a legal test is in how your samples are collected (see below).
The price includes:
- 24/7 personal customer support in English and Thai.
- DNA Sample Collection Kit, containing everything you or your sample collector needs to collect samples and complete paperwork. Note that the cost of the amniocentesis procedure is not included in the test fee, as it is not a service provided by PTC. We can, however, recommend reputable OBGYNs to perform the procedure.
- The Chain-of-Custody (CoC) Fee (for Legal Tests) is waived for this test. Please see below for extra information regarding Legal Tests and chain-of-custody of samples.
- Preparation of the amniotic fluid for transportation to our laboratory.
- One (1) shipment of your samples (up to 0.5 kg in one shipment) by first-class, international priority courier to our lab in the USA.
- Testing of DNA samples provided on cotton tip for one (1) Alleged Father, and one (1) Mother, plus the DNA of one (1) Fetus (via amniotic fluid). To test additional people, you will need to add this option to your order. Scroll down the page to add this option to your order. To use unusual samples in this test (for Alleged Father only), you will need to add this option to your order. Scroll down the page to add this option to your order.
- One (1) original, notarized English-language report, and one (1) original, notarized Thai-language report.
- Emailed results as soon as they are ready.
- Posting of hard-copy, notarized results to anywhere in the world by regular mail. To express the postage of your hard-copy results, you can upgrade to first-class, international priority courier. Scroll down the page to add this option to your order.
CHAIN-OF-CUSTODY (CoC) OF SAMPLES FOR LEGAL TESTS
For our Invasive Prenatal Paternity Tests (Amnio), we waive the Chain-of-Custody (CoC) Fee (usually THB 1,500). Tests required for legal or official purposes must follow a strict chain-of-custody of the samples, including the amniotic fluid and samples from Mother and Alleged Father. Learn more about chain-of-custody of samples in our FAQ.
Chain-of-custody means your DNA samples were collected by a certified, independent third party, and that your identity has been verified and documented. Following this process means your result report will be recognized as an official, legal document. Learn more about legal testing and chain-of-custody of samples
If you require a PTC representative to visit you at the hospital after your amniocentesis procedure, a Visit Service fee will apply (scroll down the page to add this option to your order). In some cases, however, this fee can be waived. Contact us for details.