DNA Profiling (or DNA Typing) is a test where a single DNA profile is generated from a sample that you provide. Our standard report for this test provides a profile of 16 loci obtained from STR analysis. We can provide profile of up to 27 loci, depending on your needs, and at no extra cost to you.
In criminal cases, DNA profiles of individuals are compared with DNA profiles obtained from semen, blood, or other unusual samples.
For infidelity cases, a DNA Profile would be done in conjunction with a Semen or Blood Detection Test. Once it is determined whether the sample is semen/blood, we can then do a DNA Profile on the sample. This would then be compared to a second DNA Profile done on a provided sample of a spouse or partner. Please note that when using a Semen/Blood Detection Test as the basis for further DNA Profiling tests, there is no chain-of-custody of the initial semen/blood sample. Therefore any resulting DNA Profile comparisons can only be used for peace-of-mind purposes. Please see below for extra information regarding Legal Tests and the additional Chain-of-Custody (CoC) Fee.
DNA profiles can be used for legal purposes when all samples have followed the strict chain-of-custody process. In this case, DNA profiles may be used to avoid future immigration issues, future inheritance issues, and other legal issues in the future.
For example, your child/ren were born and currently live outside of their home country, and they do not yet have citizenship your home country. Some countries require that children undergo a paternity test during their citizenship application. In the event that you, their biological parent, pass away, they will not be able to perform the paternity test. Your DNA profile, taken prior to your death, would aid the process. This is similar 'insurance' for future inheritance issues where family relationships are being disputed following the death of a family member.
A simple mouth swab is all that is needed to get a DNA sample from each of the tested parties, however, some unusual samples are accepted. Note that most unusual samples will incur a fee, as we must first extract the DNA in order to analyze it. Contact us for more information.
Before purchasing this test, it is important to contact us first, to discuss your requirements and whether this is the right test for you.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE TEST PRICE?
The price for this test includes:
- 24/7 personal customer support in English and Thai.
- NOTE: The test fee for DNA Profiling does NOT include shipment of your samples by first-class, international priority courier to our lab in the USA. This is because most people purchase this test in conjunction with a Semen Detection Test or a Blood Detection Test, which already has the courier fee pre-bundled into the test fee. We don't want to charge you twice. Therefore, if you are purchasing one (1) or more DNA Profiles and also need to send samples to our lab independently of samples already sent for another test, you will need to add this option to your order. Scroll down the page to add this option to your order. Contact us if you're unsure of your situation.
- Generation of one (1) DNA Profile of the tested DNA sample provided on cotton tip. To test unusual samples, will need to add this option to your order. Scroll down the page to add this option to your order.
- One (1) original, notarized English-language report, and one (1) original, notarized Thai-language report.
- Emailed results as soon as they are ready.
- Posting of hard-copy, notarized results to anywhere in the world by regular mail. To express the postage of your hard-copy results, you can upgrade to first-class, international priority courier. Scroll down the page to add this option to your order.
CHAIN-OF-CUSTODY (CoC) OF SAMPLES FOR LEGAL TESTS
Tests required for legal or official purposes must follow a strict chain-of-custody of the samples, and will incur an additional Chain-of-Custody fee, which is payable directly to your sample collector. This fee covers the collection of DNA samples by a certified, independent third party, the chain-of-custody of samples, and the identification verification process. Learn more about chain-of-custody of samples in our FAQ.
Following this process means your notarized result report will also be recognized as an official, legal document (note that foreign-issued legal documents used in Thailand also need to be authenticated after they are issued. Learn more about the difference between notarized, legal, and authenticated results in our FAQ.)
The sample collector could be your own doctor (with pre-clearance from PTC), one of our world-wide, certified collection centers, or a PTC representative from our Bangkok office.
- If you will visit our Bangkok office for your sample collection, or if one of our Bangkok PTC representatives will visit you at your home, hotel, or hospital, you can add the payment for Legal Sample Collection by PTC option to your order. Scroll down the page to add this option to your order.
- For all other sample collections, you must pay your sample collector directly. Contact us if you need more information or need to find a certified sample collector near you.