OTHER DNA TESTS AND RELATED PRODUCTS
PTC Laboratories Thailand works closely with other reputable laboratories and vendors from around the globe to provide our customers with the latest DNA testing products that are of high quality and affordable.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
GENOMOM NIPT ANEUPLOIDY
NON-INVASIVE PRENATAL TEST FOR ANEUPLOIDY (TRISOMY 13, 18, 21)
|Use||10 weeks gestation to test singleton and twins|
|Processing Time||7-9 working days|
|Details||GenoMom is a patented, non-invasive prenatal test (NIPT) used to detect specific chromosomal abnormalities in a developing fetus using cell-free fetal DNA present in maternal blood. GenoMom was developed by geneticists from Korea and specifically developed (and clinically tested) for Asian DNA. We highly recommend GenoMom for pregnant mothers, ages 35 years and above. This is because women of advanced maternal age are at an increased risk of producing a fetus with chromosomal abnormalities.|
|Price||THB 9,900 (+THB 3,500 for Gender Detection)|
GenoMom is a patented, non-invasive prenatal test (NIPT) used to detect specific chromosomal abnormalities in a developing fetus using cell-free fetal DNA present in maternal blood. GenoMom was developed by geneticists from Korea and launched in 2016 after a clinical trial of 4,956 cases. The results of the trial are one of the best in the region with a zero (0) false negative result and specifically developed (and clinically tested) for Asian DNA.
We highly recommend GenoMom for pregnant mothers, ages 35 years and above. This is because women of advanced maternal age are at an increased risk of producing a fetus with chromosomal abnormalities.
GenoMom can be used as early as 10 weeks gestation to test singleton and twins (identical, fraternal, and vanishing twins) for the following trisomies:
- Trisomy 21 (Down syndrome)
- Trisomy 18 (Edward syndrome)
- Trisomy 13 (Patau Syndrome)
- Vanishing twins
- Fetal gender information (99.9% sensitivity)
- Sex chromosome aneuploidy (XO, XXY, XXX, XYY) (95% sensitivity)
- Autosomal aneuploidies (Trisomy 9, 16, 22)
- 8 micro-deletion syndromes (1P36, Cri-du-Chat, 2q33.1, Jacobsen, Prader-Willi /Angelman, DiGeorgeII, 16p12.2, Van der Woude)
Testing is carried out by:
- Testing can be performed as early as 10 weeks gestation. However, we recommend taking the test at 12 weeks.
- GenoMom is a highly accurate screening test, but is not a diagnostic test. Positive results should be confirmed by chorionic villus sampling (CVS) or amniocentesis.
- GenoMom cannot completely rule out the possibility of fetal chromosomal abnormality, even if a normal result is reported.
- This test is not suitable for expecting mothers with chromosome aneuploidy, mosaic chromosome aneuploidy, microdeletion and microduplication, multiple pregnancy, and less than 10 weeks gestation.
- Expecting mothers who have had a a blood transfusion, an organ transplant, or a stem cell therapy may receive a false-positive or false-negative result because of exogenous DNA.
- This test is not related to, tested by or promoted by PTC.
- PTC is cannot be held responsible for the results of this test in any way.
- This external laboratory does not share the same accreditations as PTC.
In cases where fetal DNA is insufficient and a blood redraw is required, we will request for an ultrasound. We will re-test the sample for free if gestational was above 10 weeks at time of testing. However, the client must pay for the shipping charges. If gestational age was below 10 weeks at time of testing, we will charge the full fee for a re-test.