Panbio COVID-19 Ag Rapid test
IDENTIFY PATIENTS WITH OR WITHOUT SYMPTOMS IN 15 MINUTES
|Use||COVID-19 Ag Rapid Test Device|
|Processing Time||15-20 minutes|
|Details||Panbio™ is an in vitro diagnostic rapid test for the qualitative detection of SARS-CoV-2 antigen (Ag) in human nasal swab specimens. Test results within 15 minutes.|
|Accuracy||99.4% (Overall % Agreement)|
Brand: Abbott Rapid Diagnostics Jena GmbH
– Fast identification of potentially contagious individuals
– Test results in 15 minutes
– Deploy at large scale at point of care
– Can be used in a wide variety of non-laboratory settings
– No special/additional instruments required
– Self-contained tube with “break off” swab minimizes staff exposure
– Extraction tube is fully enclosed for disposal
For large quantities of kits, please contact us directly.
1. Open packaging for sterile nasal swab from the end that is labelled “PEEL HERE”. Do not touch the swab, only hold the stem.
2. Gently insert swab at least 20 mm into first nostril (or until resistance is met at the turbinates).
3. Twirl the swab around for 15 seconds against the nasal wall.
4. Do the same for the other nostril.
5. Remove the blue cap of the extraction tube and submerge swab into the liquid at the bottom. Mix thoroughly in the liquid for at least 30 seconds by pushing the swab into the walls of the extraction tube, and then squeezing the swab through the walls of the extraction tube.
6. Break the swab at the molded breakpoint and close extraction tube with the blue lid.
7. Remove the rapid test device from its packaging.
8. Open the white cap of the extraction tube and squeeze 5 drops into the specimen well (S) of the rapid test device.
9. Start timer for 15 minutes.
10. Do not handle or move the rapid test device until the test is complete and ready for reading.
11. Take reading between 15-20 minutes, not after 20 mins.
Panbio™ COVID-19 Ag Rapid Test Device contains a membrane strip, which
is pre-coated with immobilized anti-SARS-CoV-2 antibody on the test line and mouse monoclonal anti-chicken IgY on the control line. Two types of conjugates (human IgG specific to SARS-CoV-2 Ag gold conjugate (binds to the nucleocapsid protein) and chicken IgY gold conjugate) move upward on the membrane chromatographically and react with anti-SARS-CoV-2 antibody and pre-coated mouse monoclonal anti-chicken IgY respectively. For a positive result, human IgG specific to SARS-CoV-2 Ag gold conjugate and anti-SARS-CoV-2 antibody will form a test line in the result window. Neither the test line nor the control line are visible in the result window prior to applying the patient specimen. A visible control line is required to indicate a test result is valid.
Panbio™ COVID-19 Ag Rapid Test Device is an in vitro diagnostic rapid test for the qualitative detection of SARS-CoV-2 antigen (Ag) in human nasal swab specimens from individuals who meet COVID-19 clinical and / or epidemiological criteria. Panbio™ COVID-19 Ag Rapid Test Device is for professional use only and is intended to be used as an aid in the diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2 infection.
The product may be used in any laboratory and non-laboratory environment that meets the requirements specified in the Instructions for Use and local regulation. The test provides preliminary test results. Negative results don’t preclude SARS-CoV-2 infection and they cannot be used as the sole basis for treatment or other management decisions. Negative results must be combined with clinical observations, patient history, and epidemiological information. The test is not intended to be used as a donor screening test for SARS-CoV-2.